Cyber attacks that are affecting our world today could hit your Personal Computer in the form of Malware.
What is Malware you may ponder?
This is software that is specifically designed to gain access or damage a computer without the knowledge of the owner. There are various types of malware including spyware, keyloggers, viruses, worms, or any type of malicious code such as Ransomware that infiltrates a computer.
Here are some of the symptoms of a malware infection:
- Your operating system (e.g Windows 10, Apple Mac etc) your Internet speed or the speed of your applications starts slowing down.
- Your operating system may take longer than usual to boot up or you are waiting too long for some of your programs to start.
- You click on a link after doing a Google search and the link opens to a different page. When you check your search results and try a different link the same thing continues to happen.
- Youll get a pop-up that tells you your files have been encrypted and theres a deadline to pay a ransom in order to get them back. This is a malware infection called
- You notice some new toolbars (rows of selectable icons) below your browser window that you cant get rid of or your homepage settings change to something you have not selected.
- You are bombarded with pop-ups when you are online and when you are not online the pop up messages appear on your system. This is a malicious application know as adware or spyware.
How to stop malware:
You should be regularly scanning your computer with security programs like, Anti-Malware application software. If the above symptoms appear, first check for other causes like lack of RAM memory, a fragmented system, and a lack of space on your hard drive or a hardware issue affecting your drive.If none of this and malware is detected, contact ASPCPRO and we will perform a few checks before undertaking a cleanup of your computer.
Services offered by ASPCPRO:
System health check of your computer
Remote installation of Anti-Malware
Your mobile devices can also be infected by malware! ASPCPRO can run a scan of your mobile device using a remote application to detect any malware and install anti-malware application to prevent further attacks.